First neutrons from next generation neutron source in Jülich
Accelerator-driven, low-energy compact neutron sources are worldwide considered as the next generation of neutron source for a wide range of applications. On December 2oth 2022 researchers from JCNS at Forschungszentrum Jülich have now achieved a breakthrough by delivering first neutrons with a new powerful target/moderator technology developed in Jülich. Click here for further information.
Have a look at the new report “Neutron Science in Europe” of LENS including important statements on HiCANS.
First diffraction measurements with the high power Be target on Iphi
Tests of a high power Beryllium (Be) target and first neutron diffraction measurements have been performed on the IPHI-neutron source.
- 10th International Meeting of the Union of Compact Accelerator-driven Neutron Sources (UCANS10), October 16-19, 2023 in Budapest, Hungary
- JCNS Workshop 2023: Trends and Perspectives in Neutron Scattering: Future Instruments at Pulsed Sources, 09 – 12 October 2023, Tutzing, Germany
- European Conference on Neutron Scattering (ECNS) 2023, March 20-23, Garching by Munich, Germany
- 8th Workshop on High Brilliance neutron Source (HBS 2022), September 28-30, 2022, Unkel, Germany
- International Conference on Neutron Scattering, August 1-25, 2022, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- International Conference on Accelerators for Research and Sustainable Development: From Good Practices Towards Socioeconomic Impact, May 23-27, 2022 in Vienna, Austria
- The 1st International Meeting on Opportunities and Challenges for HICANS IMoH 2022 will be hold next June (20 to 22) at the Campus of the University of the Basque Country in Leioa (Spain).
- UCANS9 international symposium; UCANS9 (Union for Compact Accelerator-driven Neutron Source) will be held online from March 28 to 31, 2022
- 14th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Applications of Accelerators, November 30th–December 4th, 2021, Washington DC, Washington Hilton.
- 7th HBS Workshop: The seventh international workshop on the topic of accelerator-based high brilliance neutron sources will be organized on the 23 – 24 September 2021 in virtual form.
- 2UCANS-Web : Union for Compact Accelerator-driven Neutron Sources WEB seminar (30 Novembre 3 decembre 2020)
- 6th HBS workshop : virtual workshop organized by JCNS on 17-18 Sep. 2020
- SCANS : A compact accelerator driven neutron source for Scandinavia ? (Skjetten, 16-17 Dec. 2019)
- 5th HBS workshop : (Unkel, 26-27 Sep. 2019)
- ENS-2019 : Efficient Neutron Sources (PSI Villigen, 2-5 Sep. 2019); Proceedings
- UCANS-8 : 8th International Meeting of Union for Compact Accelerator-Driven Neutron Sources (Paris, 8-10 july 2019); Proceedings